What is it?
We are establishing a FREE, self directed and hands-on learning point-of-care Ultrasound Course for Physicians and medical students in Muskoka.
What will I be doing?
You will participate in self-directed learning by completing the module(s)
of your choosing using the Sonosim software and probe. You will then
receive two 90 minute hands-on Ultrasound training sessions by one of our
Primary Investigators. You may claim a portion of this training for
Continuing Education Credits.
How do I sign up for the course/Find out more?
To sign up for the course or for more information, please contact our Research Administrator,
Jennifer Dart, by telephone at (705) 789-0022 ext 2705 or by email at
Dr. Pierre Mikhail, MD CCFP
Dr. Deborah Leung, MD CCFP
Huntsville Introductory Point-of-Care Ultrasound Course Using Simulation (HIP-Sim)
Academic Coordinator - Friday, October 09, 2020
Students interested in assisting with research should email their resume to our Research Coordinator Lisa Allen.
- Development of the Landscape of Ontario’s Opioid Use Management Distribution
- Huntsville Introductory Point-of-Care Ultrasound Course Using Simulation (HIP-Sim)
- Evaluation of a Practical Desprescribing Framework for Older Adults
- The Rural Exercise for Cancer Patients & Survivors (RECaPS) Project
- Evaluation of Two Models of Inpatient Care in a Rural Hospital
- Developing a Research Question
- ERAS Order Set Development and Program Audit
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Collaborative Effort for Best Practices in Rural Northern Hospitals
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Dr. Hector Roldan, Dr. Andrew Brown, Jane Rady, RN
- Feasibility Study of Low Dose CT Scans with IR for Evaluation of Abdominal Complaints